Baby Todd's adoption

Monday, November 06, 2006

November 6, 2006

Sorry it's been a month since I last posted. I got out to Kazakhstan on October 11th. I was first told that there were two children available for adoption in the region I was allowed to go to. A 6 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. Yeah not the baby I was expecting. I was basically told it was either of these kids or I will go and get a plane ticket home.

I went out to the baby house and saw both the kids. The 6 year old seemed more interested that the younger one. For some reason the younger one seemed to have some "issues", lack of better term. I started my visits with the 6 year old. It was trying. He only spoke Russian and I only spoke English. Towards the end it got harder and harder each day. It got to the point where he wouldn't listen to anyone and would purposely do what he knew he was not supposed to do, one right after the other.

I determined it wasn't in his best interest to be adopted by me. He needs a two parent family with a father figure and someone to be there to devote their entire time to him.

After a weeks wait they found a baby that was coming off the registry soon. He is so beautiful and happy. I have been here for 4 weeks now and still not sure when I will be home. We are waiting on another release form and then a court date. Hopefully all that goes fast and we can get home soon.

3 Comments:

  • It can be so difficult to know what to do sometimes. Only you know what the best circumstances are for you and your child. Don't let anyone else make you feel otherwise. I wish you all the best.

    By Blogger Allison, at 1:06 PM  

  • wow. what an adventure! How unnerving to be away from home for so long with no firm return date.

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 9:15 PM  

  • oh wow! I hope you have your baby soon & every thing goes quickly. God Bless-
    Ann

    By Blogger Thad and Ann, at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home