Baby Todd's adoption

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 19, 2006

Well I let some time pass before I contact the adoption agency. Well would have thought they would have kept me up on what was going on. So today I emailed my homestudy social worker just to check on the status of the shortened homestudy. She apologized for not emailing me, but she has sent it out last wednesday to the adoption agency. Great that was a week ago so they should have it.

So I call the adoption agency and the lady said she would have to check with the homestudy department to see if they got it. But the translator went ahead and started translating the long homestudy. That's great! Why didn't they call to let me know this? I don't know. Yeah it's long but I'm paying the lady $600 direct to translate the packet not to mention what ever she gets paid normally. But anyway the dossier should be done this week or early next week. I'm thinking it will be late next week or the following week.

So do count the weeks with me again. If it gets out next week it should arrive in country August 1 or so. About 4 to 8 weeks there, agency is saying 6 weeks. So mid to late September should be the time to hear something. Hopefully, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home