Baby Todd's adoption

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August 1, 2006

The translation is FINALLY done and my dossier has been sent to the Embassy in Washington. They said to expect it to be there 2 weeks, my luck it will be longer. Then it's off to Kazakhstan for about 4-6 weeks, again mine will probably be longer. I have tracking numbers for the dossier but can only track it till it gets to Kazakhstan, then it will be hard to track where it is.

I asked about what regions the agency works in. Different adoption agencies use different regions to adopt from. She said they use many but they are looking to go more north because there are more caucasian kids there. But ultimately it's up to the Ministry of Education on where you are invited to go.

Then I get an email about VISAs. I have no clue how to fill it out. I will wait till my agent gets back from her vacation to fill it out. I have time. Can't submit it without the letter of invitation to go over there for that long.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Rosemary...you are getting sooo close to bringing your baby home! How long did you translation take anyway? Who was the translator? My DH and I are still waiting for our I171h...so we're jealous on anyone at your stage of the game;-)
    Keep us all posted!

    www.quest2kaz.blogspot.com
    www.cafepress.com/a2zgifts

    By Blogger Dawn, at 4:04 PM  

  • We adopted two children from Kazakhstan in December. It was the journey of a lifetime, and we had a wonderful time in country bonding as our new family!

    www.sappfamilyadoption.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Chris Sapp, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home